2021 Year End Church Statistics Module Information
posted on November 15
Ozarks District stats deadline January 20, 2022
- Year-End Stats Webinar and Update Webinar
- PDF of Tables for printing (ignore the dates. These are the tables to use since the General Conference didn't meet in 2020)
- Table IV Document
- Worship Counting Protocols
- Tips for Entering Year-End Stats
- Link to the stats module for local churches (Username: GCFA Number, Password: Conference Number (located on your apportionment statement)
The link is:
Username: GCFA number
Password: Conference number
- Also for anyone needing their login please remember this is the login and password Link to the stats module for local churches (Username: GCFA Number, Password: Conference Number (located on your apportionment statement)
- Also please remember to save and submit your part of the year-end stats after filling out the contact info at the end of each table, the district office will then look them over and ask questions if needed(Example: church equity was 5,000 dollars one year and 500.000 the next) we will ask for clarification. We can also un submit the forms if you have corrections to make, it is not a huge issue.
- Bear in mind that a failure to report will likely result in the use of last year’s numbers, and that could adversely affect your apportionments. Please note that a call to simply check on your reporting or to confirm a response isn’t “policing.” It’s just Conference and district office staff performing due diligence.
- Table I, Remember that we do have some tools to help you figure out the data. For example, we already have protocols for counting online attendance. We have protocols for counting in general, one rule of which is to exclude all Sundays when worship was canceled from the average attendance. Those protocols might be really helpful right now. We also did a webinar on the Tables a few years ago. The contents of that webinar all still hold true. You can find it at www.moumethodist.org/yearendstats.
- Table II should get priority. This isn’t unique to 2021. We use Table II to calculate Conference apportionments. GCFA uses Table II as its primary tool in calculating general church apportionments (it does also use Tables I and II with Table III to set the quadrennial budget). All this is to say, if you can only focus on one aspect of end-of-year reports, focus on Table II. The Major Lines that affect apportionments are lines 37-47t, if you want to keep your apportionments at the same level or lower you need to keep those lines low on a 3-year average, that is how apportionments are determined.
- Think about Table IV in a new way. Yes, we want the data. No, the Conference priorities haven’t gone away. These are a priority, these affect lots of different statistics throughout the year, please fill out these as accurately as possible and use the stats table iv document.